Updating edit page. The update allows you to upload items without losing the whatever you've typed in your post fields. It does not save post fields though because you're not explicitly saving the post. Expected reflex ... I hope.
Update views to use a local setting for github user
- This allows for us to not share any keys in the repo as well as simplicity.
- Now you can just set your github username in your local settings and it'll
always setup your profile, without any key info!
- Also updated example settings for changes.
Add example local settings file
- To use this just copy it, rename it to 'local_settings.py' in the same
directory, and it will be automatically picked up by the runserver instance.
- It's probably best to restart your runserver instance just in case after
setting local settings up.
Add mock views to handle testing github signin locally
- This allows for faking oauth signin locally. There are a few caveats:
1. Start another server to handle the github mockups locally.
Need to do this by doing 'python manage.py runserver localhost:9000'
2. Need to make sure DEBUG=True is set in your settings.py
3. Comment out the following lines in the settings.py of instance serving
the mock requests:
This essentially turns off all cross site scripting protection so we
don't have to worry about all that jazz when testing locally.
- If you know how to fix this, tell me please!